BBQ Carrot and Potato Chips
Whilst I was planning my Mixed Bean Burger recipe page, I thought I must do a quick and easy chip/fry recipe to go with these fantastic burgers. So here's the equally fantastic Oil free Carrot and Potato Chips.
These chips use a BBQ seasoning that I have specially created myself, and I'll share that recipe with you.
Grab and old or empty herb jar and this recipe should fill it perfectly. Mix together your seasonings in a bowl, then make a quick funnel from some scrap paper and pour the seasonings into the jar so its ready to be sprinkled whatever dish you like.
Once you have your seasoning prepared your half way there. Cut a Carrot and a small Potato into 1cm wide batons and place in a bowl or a zip-lock bag and spray or drizzle with water. The water is just to help the seasoning stick. Add a generous dose of BBQ seasoning, I usually add around a tablespoon but you can add as much or as little as you like and shake the bag or toss the vegetables around in the bowl until the chips are well coated. Transfer to a baking tray and bake for 20-30 minutes until crispy and brown on the corners.
140kcal per 100g Potato and 100g Carrot
♥ 100g Carrot
♥ 100g Potato
♥ 2 tablespoons Paprika
♥ 4 teaspoons sweetener
♥ 2 teaspoons garlic powder
♥ 2 teaspoons onion granules
♥ 1 teaspoon mustard powder
♥ 1 teaspoon pepper
♥ 1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Mix together seasonings and pour into empty seasoning jar. Preheat oven to 200°C
2. Cut vegetables into 1cm thick batons and place in bowl or bag.
3. Spray or drizzle with 1 tablespoon of water (just enough for the batons to be damp)
4. Add 1 tablespoon of BBQ seasoning and shake or mix batons to make sure they are evenly coated with the seasoning.
5. Place in oven for 25-30 minutes.
6. Don't forget to check out my other recipes for inspiration on what to serve with your carrot and potato chips!
Follow me on Instagram for more recipes and diet tips. @HealthyHeartyWholesome